It is the responsibility of the qualified ordering physician to follow Florida constitution and statute, diagnose patients and determine if medical marijuana is an appropriate treatment.
Qualifying conditions include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
- Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition
Find a Qualified Physician
Any physician who holds an active, unrestricted license as a physician under Chapter 458, F.S. or an osteopathic physician under Chapter 459, F.S. may take the required course and examination and be qualified to order low-THC cannabis and medical marijuana.
NEW! Patients and caregivers can now use the Medical Marijuana Qualified Ordering Physician Search tool to find a qualifying ordering physician by location and specialty.
Find a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center
Patients and legal representative may only fill orders for medical marijuana with one of the state’s approved medical marijuana treatment centers. Medical marijuana treatment centers may deliver medical marijuana to qualified patients and legal representatives. If you do not have a medical marijuana treatment center in your city you can still fill your order by contacting a medical marijuana treatment center and arranging for a delivery. The Office of Medical Marijuana Use does not dispense medical marijuana to patients. Please contact a medical marijuana treatment center directly to fill your order.
If you need assistance please call: 800-250-6737