What conditions qualify for medical marijuana in Florida?
Just like medical cannabis was legalized in Florida in the year 2014, Florida voters passed medical marijuana in the year 2016 with majority votes of 71.3% that went effective from 3rd January 2017. Since then there have been multiple ways of using it including vapes, oils, tinctures, capsules and topical lotions.
- Medical marijuana eligibility
If a patient wants to be eligible for medical marijuana suggestion from the marijuana doctors within Florida, it is necessary for the patients to meet the requirements as follows;
- Florida residency with the state identity or any other residency proof including utility bills, tax bills, etc.
- Patients below 18 years must have their parent/guardian present at the time of consultancy with marijuana doctors. Such patients should receive consultancy from the two physicians and receive the recommendations from the two.
- Description of patient’s diagnosis via official medical documentation from primary care provider.
- Evidence of diagnosed debilitating medical condition.
- Evidence of patient’s registration with Florida Department of Health Medical Marijuana program. For the purpose of registration either contact 850-245-4444 or email floridahealth.gov.
- Prior to receiving medical marijuana recommendation, the patients must have undergone ineffective treatments.
- Patients who qualify for medical marijuana in Florida and treatments
- HIV/AIDS- AIDS is referred to as a chronic condition within the immune system that is caused by HIV. Ranging from the period of 2-10 years, the progression takes place. Since there is no cure for the disease, the progression of the disease is slowed down via use of antiretroviral medication.
The use of medical marijuana assist in controlling the symptoms of both HIV/AIDS by assisting to reduce muscles, nerve pain and joint, facilitating weight gain and further alleviating depression.
- Cancer- This has been one of the diseases Americans suffer. It is characterized by uncontrollable multiplication of abnormal cell that intrude on the functions of essential organs of the body. Where the common treatments include chemotherapy and radiation, it’s unpleasant side effects are finished with the assistance of medical marijuana.
As recommended by many marijuana doctors in Florida, marijuana helps in alleviating muscles, elevating depressing mood, supports healthy sleep and a lot more.
- Epilepsy- Also referred to as chronic neurological disorder which causes burst and breaks of the central nervous system activity, thereby producing abnormal and uncontrollable body behavior or movements.
Over 2000 years, patients have been suggested to make use of medical cannabis as the studies show that cannabidiol treatment reduces seizures via an average usage of 54%. Whereas marijuana is said to have the potential to greatly decrease the number and severity of seizures for the individuals suffering from epilepsy. Hence, promoting the overall quality of life.
- Glaucoma– an eye condition which is normally caused by the increasing pressure within the eyeball, leading to eventual blindness or optic nerve damage. The progression of the disease is way too painful with unusual vision changes that induces the feeling of vomiting and nausea.
As recommended by the doctors, the use of medical marijuana aids in improving the symptoms of glaucoma via relieving pent-up eye pressure, alleviating pain, controlling nausea and a lot more.
- Chronic nonmalignant pain- medically- defined as the pain persisting over 3 months period.
Marijuana is a natural source of pain relief that not only reduces inflammation, but relaxes muscles, improves the mood and alleviates anxiety. Marijuana doctors only suggest cannabis when the patients have attempted other unsuccessful methods of managing pain.
- Multiple sclerosis- Widely recognized as MS, it is an autoimmune disease which leads to the eventual deterioration and demyelination of the nerve cells.
With the use of medical cannabis as suggested by All Natural Medical Solutions marijuana doctors in Florida, the severity of the MS symptoms are reduced via decreasing the inflammation that is caused by deteriorating myelin, relieving the pain stemming from both neural degradation and uncontrollable muscle spasms. It further assist in controlling the gastrointestinal problem.
Other diseases that qualifies includes the following;
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chronic seizures
- Post- traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Crohn’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/ Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Any terminal condition that is diagnosed by a physician
- Medical conditions of similar classes as listed above