Florida Medical Marijuana Caregiver /Legal RepInformation
Medical Marijuana Caregiver Information
Registry Identification Cards
All patients and caregivers must have an approved registry identification card application, and email verification, prior to filling an order at an approved medical marijuana treatment center.
When submitting a Registry Identification Card application, please allow 30 days for initial processing. Processing time may be delayed if the application is incomplete or payment has not been received.
The Florida Department of Health has created a system for issuing and renewing Medical Marijuana Use Registry identification cards for patients and their legal representatives. In combination with the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, identification cards will further allow patients and legal representatives to quickly demonstrate that they are registered in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry.
As of March 2017, all patients and legal representatives must obtain a Registry Identification Card to fill an order for low-THC cannabis, medical marijuana, or a marijuana delivery device at one of the state’s medical marijuana treatment centers. To apply for a Medical Marijuana Use Registry identification card, a patient must:
1. Be a Florida resident,
2. Be a qualified patient in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry,
3. Submit a completed application to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use
Electronic Applications: Electronic applications only take a few minutes to complete and allow for significantly faster processing times than paper applications.
1. Have your ordering physician enter your email address into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry. Both patients and legal representatives need to be entered into the registry by a qualified physician.
2. Find the email from the registry in your inbox. This will allow you to begin an application.
3. Be sure to check the information completed by your physician for accuracy. If it is inaccurate, contact your physician to update it.
4. Log in using your email address and complete and sign your application.
5. After you have completed an application, mail your check or money order to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use. Online payment is currently not available. When you mail a check or money order for online application submission, please make sure to sign your check or money order, include your name and patient ID number.
- Print application.
- Please fill out all required fields of the application. Please write clearly.
- Include an approved passport-type photo, proof of residency and payment.
- Sign and mail your application to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use.
For help completing your application click here