Guide on How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida
1. The first step to getting a Florida marijuana doctors certification and ID card is to obtain your medical records and get a signed physician’s statement from a doctor who is registered in the state of Florida with the Medical Marijuana Use Registry. That doctor has to have a license as one of the certified medical marijuana doctors in hialeah or any other city in Florida.
Please note, to get a medical marijuana in Florida you MUST be a resident of the state. You will need to provide proof of residency, for example, a Florida I.D, passport or another photo I.D. If you are from another state it is possible to get a Florida medical card, but it is decided on a case by case basis, by Florida’s Department of Health.
2. Once you have met with a qualified physician and are deemed eligible to use medical marijuana, the physician then enters your name and information into the Marijuana Use Registry, which is run by the U.S. Department of Health. You will not be able to apply for your MMJ card until you are officially in the Registry.
- Applications can be submitted by your doctor, or you can submit them on your own behalf.
- You must be registered with the Compassionate Use Registry by their ordering physician.
3. Once you are in the registry, you can then submit a completed application to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use, or you can have your physician or a legal representative submit it on your behalf.
If you’re interested in seeing a marijuana doctor in orlando florida or any other areas of Florida such as a marijuana doctor in Tampa or a marijuana doctor in miami, please contact (800) 250-6737 our offices today or book your next appt online.
Resources & Links
Florida Department of Health, Office of Medical Marijuana Use
Florida Police Chiefs Association
Florida Fire Chiefs Association
Florida Association of Counties
Building Officials Association of Florida
New Law: Chapter No. 2017-232
Previous Law: 318.786, Florida Statutes
Amendment 2 Ballot Language (2016)
Previous DOH’s Administrative Rules
DOH Rulemaking Procedures
Denial of Petition to Initiate Federal Proceedings to Reschedule Marijuana (DEA)